Saturday report (pics )

keram

Second attempt

Woke up little bit earlier then usually to chase some pike and maybe catch my first bass of the season. My friend joined me this time to help with the net. At 6:00 am boat launch was already half full :o , and I could see 2-3 boats already mixing the water. The bite was on (I’ve expected this seeing all the cows on the fields, on our way to the lake, in full feeding mode :clapping: ). To have a bite is one thing, to land a fish is another. In total we’ve landed 4 pikes and 2 bass, lost about 5-7. Water was flat, surface temperature 71 ºF. In one case we’ve had acrobatic showdown from decent size pike (about 30”) :w00t: . My friend had a follow almost to the boat, we’ve tried fig 8 few times, but nothing happened. He then casted in the same direction and on the end when he was pulling lure from the water, same pike jumped about 2’ in to the air (where the hell my breakfast disappear ?) just few inches from the boat. If the boat was closer by 6 “ he’d land just beside fuel tank.

Around noon I’ve noticed dark cloud on the NW. Few minutes later another look at the same direction and I can see lightning ant about 10 sec later hear the thunder. 10 sec, it is only about 3 km away. At the same time my friend was pulling another pike with his favoured rod. Just for a second I’ve noticed the name on it: LIGHTNING ROD :w00t: :w00t: .

It took me few seconds to connect the dots ( thunderstorm, lightning rod, aluminium boat on the water) then I’ve yelled to my friend: we need to get lost and I prefer to do it fast.

It started raining, when we’ve pulled boat from the water. As usually after practising C&R most of the time, we’ve invited 2 pikes for fish fry contest to practise CER ( catch → eat → release ) :thumbsup_anim::D

Few pics

med_gallery_186_32_55852.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_55711.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_18933.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_23396.jpg