Quick Island report.

Jonaton

dsc00008ph8.th.jpg

So a friend and I headed down to the islands to see if we could find some bass for the opener. We spent about 6 hours down there and not even a sniff of a bass.

The pike however were everywhere, I have never seen so many fish, at one point by sight I saw 4 just sunning them selves in 4-6 feet of water. We mush have seen 12-15 fish, noyt including the carp which were there in ridiculous numbers, why don't I fish for carp again?They however were uncooperative, you could literally bounce baits off of their noses and they wouldnt even move. There was one fish there that I thought was a carp at first but was in fact a pike. It was by far the biggest pike I have even seen in person and must have been a 20+ lb fish. Ater my friend caught the one fish for the day I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get this fish to bite, but it just wanted no part of it. I swear the fish kept looking at me and mocking me. Anyways even though I got skunked it was still a great day,other than the severe sunburn I got, I really have to put the sunblock IN my fishing bag.

Great report!!! I know the feeling about fish mocking you...happens to me all the time!! LOL. Good on you for getting out there though. Any day fishing is never a waste...even if you get skunked. I learn the most about fishing on those days.

Better luck next time with the bass. Nice pike though. There are lots of fish at the islands but finding them and then getting them to bite can be challenging - I know from experience.