Fishing spots along Bonnechere River ?

John T

Hey folks .........my first post / thread :)

Live in Toronto, and we've rented a cottage located on the Bonnechere River. It's our first time up there and while I'm not even sure of it's ' exact ' location on the Bonnechere we're told you can access some lakes along the river. Our 2 boys and 2 girls love to fish and we've secured a small HP fishing boat for the week. We usually only fish on vacations - so we're rookies at best !

We were told you can access Curriers Lake, Beaverdam Lake, Lough Garvey to the west of the cottage and Supply Lake, Stevenson lake to the east.

Anyone had any experience fishing any of these lakes ?

Also, Round Lake and Golden Lake are nearby where we could also rent a boat for a day or 2. Is one of these 2 lakes a better ' fishing ' lake than the other....we'd probably only be trying for bass and pike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks.

Edited by John T

• 2 years later...

We caught two really nice pike on Stevenson Lake tonight. One 28 inches (we don't have a scale but hubby thinks it's about 4-5 pound) which we kept, and a 20 inch pike which we released. The edges of the weed beds all seem to be hot spots around 8 PM! We used the Gulp brand gummy minnows for bait. (We were in a canoe so don't worry about needing a motor boat.)

I believe they did stock one section of this river with brown trout in Eganville, if memory serves me correctly. I am not sure of any that survived, and never heard of anyone catching any. Note, that slightly south of there are a few trout lake and stream options. Enjoy your vacation.... it is especially nice to see in the fall if you have the opportunity.

outdoorguy61

We are locals who fish the small rivers and lakes throughout the area. The river portions tend to be spawning beds and the action is not to good there. You are better to check out the small lakes along the river system. As I said before, the action is good along the weedbeds in the evening.