Marten River Provincial Park

Leafnut67

My wife and I will be at Marten River Provincial Park for a week starting September 11 and I was hoping to find a small lake or two that we might be able to fish for some walleye. I only have a 5 horse on my 14 foot so the run up to the top end of Wicksteed is a little long and the lake is a little stumpy which worries my wife. Any help would be appreciated I should add that a launch that isn't to tough would help as I would basically be launching by myself, my boat is on a trailer but can drag it short distances if I need to. Thanks in advance.

~~~~the last time I was on Wickstead there is only the one launch, and yes there are some stumps, and shoals to watch out for, but the main part of the lake if fne. Get your self some Green Go getters with worms or minnows. without giving to much away, look for the sandy beach there's a spur coming of it, which is great for pike & eyes

Many of those lakes have decent walleye. Don't expect amazing results unless you get lucky, or conditions are perfect. Use Fishonline to find lakes with Walleye in them, no shortage of smaller lakes with pickeral near Marten River... the pike and bass only lakes can be quite fun as well.