Favorite Hollywood Sea Creatures

muskymax

Hello again,

I was thinking what your favorite Hollywood sea creature of all time is?

After some deep thinking besides Jaws which is definitely the most popular, I would say the Opee Sea Killer from star wars is my favorite.

The Opee Sea Killer swims via a remarkable example of organic jet propulsion. The Opee draws in water through its mouth, and forces it through openings beneath its armored plates, giving it impressive speed over short distances. The three pairs of armored legs assist in this pumping motion, as do a pair of pectoral guidance fins. The long antenna-like stalks growing from the Opee sea killer's head are actually lures that the beast uses to attract prey.

Opees are mouth breeders -- the male Opee carries and protects fertilized eggs in his mouth. He fasts for three months as the eggs mature, which then hatch producing hungry young killers. There are reports of the Opee's deep sea rival, the colo claw fish, inadvertently swallowing young hatchlings whole, only to be killed when the hungry youngsters chew their way out of their captor's stomach.

It also meaures 20 metres long.

eu_bg.jpg

Now who wants to go fishing in the same waters as Opee?

My absolute and all time favourite is "Creature From The Black Lagoon." I have all three movies at home and watch 'em over and over again.

In fact, when I found out that most of it was filmed at Crystal River and Rainbow River in Florida, I took a vacation there a few times just to go snorkeling in the same waters.

To this day, when I watch all the neat underwater scenes, with the schooling mullet and bluegill, I think back to my vacations there.

This area of Florida was choosen for the filming because it resembles the jungles of the Amazon( where most of the movies takes place )and the water is crystal clear because it's spring fed from limestone aquafers. The visability is 'forever' and much better for filming than the murky Amazon!