GTA & Surrounding Areas - Fishing Spots

ADC

I know people are always asking for the GTA and Surrounding fishing spots.

I found this map on the fishinontario website and thought I would post it as it is a real gem!

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/pubs/UrbanFishing.pdf

I like how they list all the species of fish located in each spot. :clapping:

who knew there were so many spots in and around the GTA :thumbsup_anim:

Enjoy ! :Gonefishing:

It's a good guide to fishing in the GTA. I have been using it as a guide for new spots for a while. However a word of caution - it is a guide - and having fished some of the locations quite a few times I don;t believe that some of the species listed are actually there.

For example, I could be wrong but has anyone caught a smallmouth bass in Grenadier Pond or at the T.O Islands?

It also shows bullheads as not being present at the Toronto Islands and yet there are loads of them in there!

I have caught one (smallmouth) at the islands. Last year. it was only about 7 inches long. The guide is great but the fish aren't there all the time. Everything depends on timing and the seasonal weather patterns. If you know the seasonal trend when the fish will be there thats the key.

dsn

Guys, there are quite a few small mouth in and around the area. Try worms off the rocks at Ashbridges or on the east end of OP. If not there then try drifting the rivers. A lot of smallies in the credit as well as the humber and rouge. 007, I have to agree that a lot of the species are not really at the locations specified but once might have been or like dsn said about the seasonal patterns. Those guides are just a little out dated.

FHR