anyone fish the bog lately?

ricoboxing

planning on taking the canoe out to scugog for bass opener, but not if theres gonna be floating carp everywhere. anyone know what the situations like up there? I even heard them talking about it on the news, so if it made the news, it must be really bad.

Launched from Goerski's Saturday, no dead carp at marina launch or boat slip area....trailer park beach was clean also, lots of kids in water. I did see 4 floaters during 6 hours we were on water.....not many carp left in bog? Fishing slow-too hot/sunny with lots of boat traffic. I'm keeping away fron Scugog till cause is determined, hard to keep kids out of water on 30* days.....kids swimming in the bog worried me before this started.

I was out on Saturday and the number of floater`s is declining I saw about 1/2 dozen.

My concern right now with Scugog is the weeds they are so thick I don`t know if I can get to my favorite spots, the new Minn Kota with it`s weedless wedge prop is going to get a work out. We`ll see how weedless that prop is.

I'm still swimming in it, shouldn't be a problem eh.

I understand its often the rainwater 'wash' off Port Perry streets/lawns that closes beaches in that area but wonder about water quality of rest of bog when say Kinsman beach is 'posted'? Is it specific to Port Perry that water is not safe at those times-do marinas/trailer parks and cottagers test other areas of Scugog?

I'm probably overly cautious but will wait to hear cause of this carp die-off and that its not harmful to humans before letting my kids off boat there again.

I understand its often the rainwater 'wash' off Port Perry streets/lawns that closes beaches in that area but wonder about water quality of rest of bog when say Kinsman beach is 'posted'? Is it specific to Port Perry that water is not safe at those times-do marinas/trailer parks and cottagers test other areas of Scugog?

I'm probably overly cautious but will wait to hear cause of this carp die-off and that its not harmful to humans before letting my kids off boat there again.

Yep, agreed good points.

Entropy