Pikeing today

keram

Yup, I did not experience anything like this before . First time I was almost skunked on my favored lake X , but I've seen them, as a matter of fact lots of them :w00t: . In about three hrs close to 20 fish, nothing big (23-27"). Talking about strange behavior, about half of them tried to slam my lure, but at the last moment they've decided not to. Few bumps, swirls, flash and they are gone. I was with my son on the boat ( I love fathers day ). We've had four different setups, and it was happening regardless what we've tossed at them ( spoons, spinnerbaits, xraps, huskies and so on, different sizes, different colors), the did not want to commit :dunno: :dunno: . I've said before that we were "almost" skunked. We were not and because of this "desperado" :o . At one time ( let's call it "lunch time") we were enjoying sandwitches while trolling at the same time. I've had a hit and "FISH ON". And then the strangest things has happened. I see pike 26-27" with spinnerbait in it's mouth.My son grabbed the net watching the fight. Suddenly I feel slack line and see that the pike "charging" the boat :w00t: . It hit the corner of the transom and back in to the weeds. Fight goes on, few sec later is "charging" again. This time the motor :w00t: :w00t: , (motor was still running )and the blades hit the fish three times. After my son put this lifeless body in to the net I've started looking around in disbelieve ( I know that Kovorkian is out of jail :lol: ), I did not see before suicidal fish :dunno: :dunno: .

Edited by keram