Conestogo lake report

evster

Just thought I would give a little report on my couple hours spent at conestogo lake. I didnt have a boat so I was fishing from shore and I pretty much just stayed in the one spot. Brought a friend along who hasn't fished much so I was hoping we would hook into something. My friend hooked into a nice pike, probablly around 20 inches but lost it right close to shore. I caught a pencil on a top water bait, it was fun to watch the thing come flying out of the water to take that popper, but not the greatest fighter :sleeping_02: . We moved down a little further (there isn't too much shore fishing access) and my friend caught a beauty largemouth, would have been at least 3 pounds, but since it wasn't season he practice his long range release on that one as well. I was also bit off by another decent pike about the same size as the other one. All in all for 2 hours of fishing there was plenty of action. I'm thinking of taking up my 10 foot inflatable once bass season opens and seeing if I can find anymore good spots on that lake, and also going to teach my friend to be a little more patient on his retrieve since the goal is not to release the fish with 30 feet of line still out.

Evan

p.s. I would have posted pics....but it seems my hand was bigger than the pike...

Edited by evster

We fished to the right of the boat launches as well as to the left (between the boat launches and the beach). Spent the majority of the time casting and hooking weeds and thats why I went with the topwater bait. About an hour before dark lots of fishing boats were being launched, so they must be catching something out there.

Good luck!