Wildwood Lake

jjcanoe

Heading out to Wildwood near St. Mary's and just wondering if the pike are still biting and if so where. I owe the little guy a fishing trip since I couldn't come thruogh for him last Sunday when his little sister was unexpectedly born so I figured I'll take the boat out there tomorrow with him.

Thanks

jjcanoe

I haven't been there in about 3 weeks so I don't know about how they are biting. Generally though if you really want to get pike there all you have to do is just take some minnows under a float near the weeds along the shore lines and you should do alright. Spinners and x-rap work for some people from what I hear.

Yeah I used to use minnows set on the bottom right on the dam years ago when I used to fish there a lot. Tons of snags but also tons of pike. Do they still have that bait shop across the road from the park entrance?

jjcanoe

What time are you going JJ? I might take my girls up there tomorrow and give the boat a good run before Lakair. I home today, working on the VHF and other assorted marine electronics.... drop in if you have some running around to do.

-Brian

Yikes, $17.50!

Is wildwood included in the PP pass for $70?

OOOOPS! I thought you were heading out Sunday.... I was in the boat all day saturday (in the driveway). Since I can't catch anything on the water I've decided to leave the boat in the driveway and vvrrrrroooom noise.... saving a bundle on gas!

-Brian