Long Point, Erie in a 14 footer?

redmanca

My recent purchase of a 14 ft tinner with a 15hp has got me dreamin of all my new bassin prospects. Just need to get the kids into a sweat shop and the Triton is around the corner!

I'm thinkin about Long Point for some smallies in a few weeks but I'm not sure if the bay is protected enough for a 14 footer, or if the inner bay will still hold fish the week after opener?

Has anyone been brave enough to try or will I be swimming back to the launch.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Redmanca

Weather!!! As long as you keep a close eye on the weather and weather forcast you'll be fine in the inner bay. Smallies and largies will be there for sure. Opening weekend will be a zoo with a ton of boats out there.

Follow the floatilla of boats and you'll get into some bass. Remember to watch the weather and wind speed.

Good Luck!!!

We never travel futher then 15 minutes from shore, Lake Erie can go from calm to nasty in no time. Keep an eye on the weather, with the hot weather we have been having; afternoon popup thunderstorms develop very quickly.

There are lots of bass close in, try drifting or casting with tube jigs.

Remember it is better to be on shore wishing your were on the water than on the water and wishing you were on shore.

Dan

A week after opener you will still find smallies in the inner bay. Just look for the crowds, then fish just a little shallower than they are fishing ;)

I fish it in my 14ft'er all the time. Like others said just keep a close eye on the weather. If it looks like it's gonna turn nasty, get the heck outta there.