Bamboo Rods

fishnsled

It's funny that you posted this. Just last night I was watching the cable show "How it's made" & they were making rods just like this. Interesting stuff. I think they said it took anywhere from 40 to 80 hours to make them.

May I ask.....how much is that 10' Mark IV carp rod? Not that I can afford it... And to match a rod like that you need to get a vintage reel from the 50'.

After watching a few video of Chris Yates, I've been wanting to try one out.... at least in my dreams.

Hey Zib - I wish I had seen that episode. Would have been cool to watch.

Wolfville - Malcolm started off doing it as a hobbie, in fact it still is. He does a few of rods a year and that is it. Mainly for himself and friends. Doesn't want it to cut into his fishing time or to become a second job. Because of some postings on a couple of boards showing the work he does, he has be asked by a few people to make either rods or wading staffs. As for costs it varies on the rod and how much time goes into it. As Zib said it is 40-80 hours. If I remember correctly the Mark IV went for $1000. I've heard of bamboo rods hitting the $5000 mark depending of who has made it. I've got a 4 weight fly rod that Malcolm made for me a few years ago and I just had to pay for the supplies. Very good friend I'd say. :thumbsup_anim: