Finally - My Magazine Is Launched!! (And A Question)

solopaddler

You will never find a "how-to" style article in this magazine, that's just not me. I just re- read this thread and noticed this statement.^^^ I think that this is an area that should be explored/explained to your readers. I typically don't purchase fishing magazines but when I do, this is the kind of information that I enjoy reading about. The destinations and stories are a great read and getaway for the reader. But these destinations are trips that I will never be able to afford. ( at least not anytime soon ) I don't mean exploiting and pushing product, but explaining tactics and techniques for catching trophy fish in trophy waters. maybe a section on what to bring ( ie lures , line , leaders ect... ) Just my 2 cents !

I realize I may lose some potential readers but I'm okay with that. How-to style articles will never have a place in the magazine for better or for worse. It will be devoted solely to highlighting interesting angling destinations from coast to coast. Not just 5 star destinations although they will have a place, because frankly people like to dream. But pretty much any fishery that's interesting or unique.

There will also be a healthy dose of more narrative style pieces, stories more than anything else. Also there'll be some interesting bio's on anglers - people who've spent a lifetime exploring the wilder areas of Canada. There's a whole lot of guys out there with a lot of interesting stories to tell!

This is the exact stuff I like to read which is why I'm doing this. My hope is there's enough other people out there who agree! I do know this is a concept that has never been explored before in a fishing magazine so I think it sets it apart. The other factor is this format is sommething that can be marketed quite successfully in the States as there's a WHOLE lot of U.S. anglers who enjoy coming to Canada to fish! How-to type formats are a dime a dozen and would be a much harder sell Stateside.

" there's a WHOLE lot of U.S. anglers who enjoy coming to Canada to fish! "

That would be me and my family. We will love the magazine. I agree with many Mike. Save the story's for the magazine. I find value in them and am willing to pay for it. Congratulations and all the best of luck on this, the most EPIC of adventures!