Look Out Carp . . . . . Here We Come!!

Photoz

I KNEW it was not gonna be a good day, when arriving to an empty spot on Hammie Harbour just before sun-up . . . . and I had it all to myself!! A couple hours later when Vic arrived, I was still waitng for my FIRST line bump . . . but not even a twitch!! By about 09:00 there were 5 of us . . . with one carp landed, and Vic & I each had a bit of a 'drive-by,' SOMETHING hesitatingly peeled a few inches of line out, then quit . . . . a goby on steroids perhaps? Since this spot has an early morning bite (when there is a bite) I decided I'd head over to Etobicke Creek just after 10:00 . . . . again . . . only 2 fishing . . . both regulars . . . . who had seen no signs of (carp) life since daylight! By 2:30ish, I'd had enough . . . . and skulked off home for some much needed sleep. I'm now off to the Kawarthas with Mr. Carper himself, (A K A Gregarious) who will likely give me some fishing tips!! After hitting the books for the last 8 months, I think he's ready to SWIM after any fish that even comes close!!

Guest gbfisher

Well You're more than welcome to try your hand at the BOW with us next weekend Steve. Its the annual derby next weekend down Massena New York way. I have to tell ya. Its not easy to hit them this way either....but lots to see for sure. Allowed 2 lines down there. Season seems late this year. What do you think??

:Gonefishing