Tire recommendation please!

Headhunter

When changing tire sizes remember it will affect your speedometer. And possibly ABS. Not rim size, tire size

As for the date thing would you really want buy tires that have been on the shelf for 5 - 10 years and are being sold as a great deal ? old and dried up.

Ask for the date of mfg before the tires get put on your car/truck/trailer.

Regards

When changing tire sizes remember it will affect your speedometer. And possibly ABS. Not rim size, tire size

As for the date thing would you really want buy tires that have been on the shelf for 5 - 10 years and are being sold as a great deal ? old and dried up.

Ask for the date of mfg before the tires get put on your car/truck/trailer.

Regards

Yes but dealers can recalibrate the PCM for different tire sizes in some cases... so weigh a 90.00 one time charge against saving 300.00 bucks on a smaller set of tires. As for the tires and dates, while I wouldn't rush out and buy 10 yr old tires. anything in the 6 and under wouldn't cause me the least bit of concern if I looked at them first. Manufacturers are in the business to SELL tires and limit liability (ever tried to get a new tire under warranty LOL) so of course they would err on the side of extreme caution with respect to dates. The environment and how tires are stored probably would have a much bigger effect on the drying out than age.