fishing in Bar Habor, Maine

Lunkerhunter

hey everyone

I am headed to Bar Harbor, Maine with the family at the end of September. Has anyone done any fishing in this area? any recommendations for a day trip or half day trip?

also I would welcome any other recommendations in general for Bar Harbor. I am staying at the Harborside Hotel in downtown bar harbor.

Thanks

We just returned from Bar Harbor, Maine........can't tell you anything about fishing in that area but they will take you out on a boat while they catch lobsters......

Place to eat in Bar Harbor is The Fish House Grill right on the water near the pier......VERY good and reasonable. Try the stuffed lobster AND try the appetizer sampler with shrimp, clams, oysters, lobster claws and crab claws.

Something to do right there/near Bar Harbor is visit Acadia National Park, it right there....drive up Cadillac Mountain, it's the highest peak on the east coast.

We went to Maine for the annual Rockland, Maine "LOBSTER FESTIVAL" which was held July 29th through the first weekend of August.

I could tell you where to get the VERY BEST Lobster Roll but it's a drive from Bar Harbor (Reds Eats in Wiscasset, Maine.....but if you can find a place that serves it with just cut up lobster and not made into a lobster salad served on a roll, well that's what you want.

Sorry, forgot to add the link for you....

Acadia NP

http://www.nationalparks.org/explore-parks/acadia-national-park?gclid=CPG16bn4pccCFYoTHwod3IcCHA

Reds Eats (nice ride along the coast)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Red's+Eats/@44.0025986,-69.664084,17z/data=!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x4cad923894c27885:0xdf6136272c1d7296!2sRed's+Eats!3b1!3m1!1s0x4cad923894c27885:0xdf6136272c1d7296?hl=en

They TRULY serve this lobster roll with OVER a pound of lobster on each roll....worth every penny ! ! !

BTW if you haven't been to Maine you will be surprised how REASONABLE everything is when you travel around and eat....wish we could go every year.

Edited by Mister G

thank you sir! and yes we definitely planned to spend some time in acadia national park. the wife and I have picked out a few hikes that sounded nice and we will be sure to check out whatever else peaks our interest.

I will check out reds eats as well. thank you for the advice!

this will be our first trip to maine however we have travelled the maritimes provinces quite a bit in the past. figured this would be a nice change of pace.