Welcome Lodge on the West Arm

mattyk

Has any body been to welcome lodge on the west arm of lake Nip? Im thinking of going up with my wife and some friends and just wondering what its like. I have been to lake air lodge before and liked that place and the area. Never made that far into the west arm before. Whats the fishing like? THanks.

Edited by mattyk

Stayed there a number of years ago, cottages were nice and clean, quality boats and motors. Owners were very attentive to our needs. We went in the Fall and the weather conditions were tough, multilple cold fronts, so needless to say the fishing was tough. We did catch some pike and eyes in the areas mentioned in the articles on the Welcome Lodge web site.

MattyK,

I cant say enough good things About Welcome Lodge! They run a great operation, Gary and Angela are top notch, the cottages are clean and comfortable. Gary and Angela will do pretty much anything to make your time spent there enjoyable.

This will be my 5th year in a row returning to there lodge! a testament to the service my family has received.

I will be up there Next week!! June 16th for a week... Cant wait!

Gerritt.

I have been their for 4 years straight, starting in the summer of 2001. I can echo what tipupesox said. The cabins were very clean. The cedar boats are kept in excellent shape. The hosts very attentive. Overall the fishing was okay, caught a few eyes and pike. Some years were better then others. I caught my PB musky just out from welcome lodge..near Musky Island (see big purple spot on map). The "west arm" elbow is short boat ride away as well. I have not been back since 2004. Our group just wanted to try something different and have nothing but good things to say about Welcome Lodge and the hosts.

fishmap.jpg

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

MattyK,

I cant say enough good things About Welcome Lodge! They run a great operation, Gary and Angela are top notch, the cottages are clean and comfortable. Gary and Angela will do pretty much anything to make your time spent there enjoyable.

This will be my 5th year in a row returning to there lodge! a testament to the service my family has received.

I will be up there Next week!! June 16th for a week... Cant wait!

Gerritt.

Gerritt,

I'm not sure if they would remember us, but say hi to Gary and Angela for from the Hallman clan. What cabin do you typically stay in or do you stay in the "penthouse" behind Gary and Angela house? I've always had a great time there, even if the weather sometimes didnt cooperate. Depending on how things go this year on the French River, we may very well be back in 2008.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

FOTB... over the years as the family has grown, the cottages have changed. We rent two cottages every year, the 3 Bedroom and a two bedroom. I think the 3 bedroom is cottage 4 and the two bedroom is cottage 5

I will be sure to send on your kind regards.

Blah blah blah thanks Tom!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

I think the 3 bedroom is cottage 4 and the two bedroom is cottage 4

Gerritt.

Ummm..........Gerritt???????????????

2 cottage 4's, that could get confusing, and embarrassing, if you are returning to "your" cabin 4 in a drunken stupor after socializing with the campers, lol !!