Biscotasi Trip

bucktail

Myself and the boys are heading up to Lake Biscotasi in a week and we were wondering if anyone had any expeirince on the lake before.

Apparently it is a very tannic stained lake which keeps the eyes shallower. Other then that does anyone have any pointers they can throw us.

Thanks

darren

Guest mistyriver1

Never been there Darren but I have had good luck with firetiger color baits in "tea colored" water.

Good luck

Solopaddler is probably your guy ;)

LOL! Actually I'm not overly familiar with Bisco....neighboring adjacent lakes?, different story.

The one very very obvious spot on Bisco is the current area at the south end of the lake where Ramsey feeds it.

I do have friends in Sudbury who fish it, I know they do really well on the walleyes trolling spinner rigs with a worm (as long as the blade is chartreuse!).

Sorry, can't be much more help than that.....

cheers, Mike

i've been to bisco a bunch of times. what end of the lake or where are you staying (town or outpost)? i'll help, just i may be able to give you some good info. depending on where you are staying. walleye and pike are not huge but very plentiful. fire tiger and blue with white or silver bellies can work. you may have to play with sizes. there is no minnow base for that lake so sometimes downsizing is the key. warm harness, worm and hook or jig and minnow all work well, but i would rather catch them on artificials.

Hey Bucktail,

I fished Biscotasing last year.

We didn't need to go any further than about 10 minutes from town to catch fish.

There is an extended closed season on the waters surrounding the railroad bridges.

There were signs posted on shore and I can't remember the opening dates but I feel pretty confident that they are open now. The dates may be posted on the signs or just ask the old dude who sells bait in town. He'll know for sure. If the bridges are legal to fish, I know where I would be going :rolleyes:

Jigs were all we needed to catch fish. Tipped with minnows.

To the east we fished the first large bay close to the first bridge crossing immediately south of town. 10 minute boat ride max. You can walk the tracks to the bridge from town in about 5 minutes. Just outside of town is another bridge which seems to be another hot spot. You can see this bridge from the town dock. To be honest we picked up fish on any "Walleye Looking" spot. The bridges were closed when we were there but when passing under the bridge heading in to town we saw a ton of fish. A flashlight shone in the water was all we needed to see why the bridges have an extended closed season. One very important thing to note. On the logging roads heading in to Biscotasi.....FEAR THE LOGGING TRUCKS......when we drove up I would practically pull off into the ditch to give as much room as possible. These guys are well known by the locals as being insane. They will not slow down at all, in fact you will swear some of them will speed up. They will also not move over at all. Some may think I'm a little unfair on this but believe me. On our map we were provided to get there with, half the page was dedicated to warnings about the logging truck drivers. I laughed at first too until I met the first truck.

Anyway, good luck.

If you want to P.M. me I will try to find and scan my fishing map from last year.

It's a fantastic lake with incredible scenery.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset

Thanks for info guys...I can't wait...sounds like a reward of gullible fish!

We will be staying right near Bisco but fishing the south end as a co worker has a property down at that end of the lake.

Darren