Chapleau trip

dctolle

Hello, I just joined the community. I have spent many many hours reading posts here, but have just joined.

I am taking my step father and nephew to the Chapleau area the last week of June this year. We will be staying at Five Mile Lake lodge near Chapleau. Anyone have any advice or know anything about what we can expect. I am an avid walleye fisherman and will be mostly targeting them, but the 16 yr old nephew wont allow us to go long without going after the pike.. good luck to everyone and thanks in advance for any advice or info.

good time of year. for the picks i keep it simple up north, jigs and twisters, worm harnesses etc. for the pike williams whitefish, johnson silver spoon, buzz baits again nothing special. bring worms and bug spray. good luck

Went to FML for two years with some buddies (04 & 05). Dave & Christine are great people.

For 'eyes we trolled a lot of worm harness rigs, jigs w/ twisters, and G7 Rapala's casted and trolled. The pike did well on spoons, and spinners. Our best fishing was done at the back end of the lake...a long boat ride from camp.

We also got into some Smallmouth down near the old boat lauch in the closed Provencial Park....buddy & I each landed (and released) fish close to 5# on top water in the evenings.

I've got a map at home. I'll see if I can scan it in. PM your e-mail addy and I'll see if I can't get some stuff to you.

BTW, not sure where you're coming from, but if you're towing a boat and coming from the Soo, I would suggest HWY 17 to 101 to 129, as opposed to taking 129 North off 17. 129 North is a great drive, but no fun towing a boat. Besides, 17 between Soo & Wawa is one of the prettiest stretches of road I've ever been on.

Best of luck!

dk