Back on the Vice Tonight..

Broker

Hey guys, after a long busy winter I finally had some free time to start tying flies after my short stint last season. I decided to tie up some buggers and mickey finns as those are my most commonly thrown fly for me for bass on the grand. Feel free to criticize and give me tips, also if anyone knows some good and easy to tie patterns for bass and trout let me know! thanks! :lol:

20150325_204701_edit_1427331221777.jpg

Looking good! On the bead head buggers use a shorter more tapered hackle (indian or chinese noodle necks work well), for the bucktails try to get a shorter head like the mickey finn on the bottom and don't cut the bucktail, stack it instead. On the stones try to find a decent hen neck, you'll get the fly a little fuller and it'll move better. As for other patterns, clousers, deceivers, bunny leeches and polar fibre minnows are all easy and they work well.

Edited by Christopher k

Thanks Chris! I will look into those tips. I have trouble stacking the bucktail it always seems to stick together in the stacker, anyway to solve that problem? I've already tied up quite a few closers, but I'll try my hand at deceivers and bunny leeches tonight. Once again thanks Chris.