Anyone here follow NFL?

Old Ironmaker

That would be dude. A legal clean block can be a dirty hit. It's now a rule in the NFL, hitting a defenseless player, it was legal last season. So legal and dirty can be the same. Blindside is another term.

thats just silly. its always been apart of the game.

thats like removing fighting from hockey lol

so if an rb is running up the sidelines, or heck even the middle, opposing player chasing about to tackle, the team mate of said rb has to pat opposing player on shoulder and say look at me im about to block you?

ffs

I agree with you 100% I would go as far as calling some of the new rules stupid if that's what your saying. I am sort of arguing against myself but I can do that and see your point too. When is anyone on a field defenceless? I just watched the series " State of Play" another great sports program by renowned director Peter Burg. It focused on helemet to helmet hits. Check it out HBO. One linebacker interviewed said if the suits that have never put on a helmet will have them playing flag football soon. I was surprised to see the NFL VP responsible for fining players is former Pro Bowler Merton Hanks of the 49 ers. He has a huge crew of people with dozens of monitors reviewing each and every play from every game looking for " helmet to helmet" infractions. Penalty or no penalty. Then Merton Hanks is presented with video of what they think may be an "illegal hit". First fine $22,000.00 minimum, second 44K minimum. Then suspension and if habitual behavior Hanks said, a possible lifetime ban from the NFL!!!!

Several players have adjusted and they site Troy Polumalu as their poster boy that no longer leads with the crown of the helmet as someone that has changed the way he plays.

Helmet to helmet is bad and I agree it shouldn't happen but I see many hits to the shoulder and the guys helmet slide up to the other guys head, that's a non infraction that's often called. But unessecary blocking, come on man. When will it end? I bet There may be a day you can only tackle from the waist down like Rugby. I hope I'm not here to see that.

Big brother is watching.

Edited by Old Ironmaker