Fishing around KW area or Long Point Bay

evster

Hello,

I am living in Kitchener right now, just finished university and now that I don't have homework to do I want to start fishing more. Are there any spots around Kitchener that are decent for fishing? I've tried the river's around here but never caught anything, or talked to anyone who has caught much.

Also, my parents have a boat docked at Turkey Point Marina. Not a good fishing boat by any means (35 footer), but i'm sure we could get it into some spots to catch something. Can anyone give me some pointers about where in the Long Point Bay area I would be able to take this boat to get into some fish? My ultimate favourite is bass, but really anything will do because my 1 fishing trip a year is just not going to cut it anymore.

Any help is much appreciated as I am dying to get out fishing more.

Thanks!

Evan

Try going to Conastogo, I've heard it's good there. I will be going there in a couple weeks to try it out. Other than that just keep trying the rivers and you will find fish.

As for long point bay, When bass opens they are everywhere but I'm pretty sure a 35 footer will not fit between the millions of other boats. Try going over to Nanticoke you will catch some fish there.

I was thinking around Bluff's Bar would be good. They tend to like to take the boat accross to that area and park it for the day. They also have a 10 foot zodiac which will hopefully be attached to the boat this year, so on a calm day I could hopefully fish around there a bit.

Dont give up on the local rivers too quickly. It takes a bit of trial and error to figure it out. But some fantastic smallmouth fishing in the area. Tube jigs and grubs on 1/4 oz weights. Pumpkinseed or similar...do some walking and find some deeper holes.

luck