My first Crappie in Muskoka

thegrumpyfisherman

Caught this while I was looking for pickerel in a small Muskoka Lake yesterday! I've never caught one before, I was drifting a plastic leach across the bottom in 30 feet. Not my thing but I was kind of impressed by the size of it. It was released I hear they are good eating but not really into that. No pickerel found lol

crappie.jpg

Edited by thegrumpyfisherman

Caught this while I was looking for pickerel in a small Muskoka Lake yesterday! I've never caught one before, I was drifting a plastic leach across the bottom in 30 feet. Not my thing but I was kind of impressed by the size of it. It was released I hear they are good eating but not really into that. No pickerel found lol

attachicon.gifcrappie.jpg

Not really into what exactly? crappie are amazing table fare....as good or better then walleye IMO

That's a really nice crappie, definitely spoiled for your first ever.

Not really into what exactly? crappie are amazing table fare....as good or better then walleye IMO

That's a really nice crappie, definitely spoiled for your first ever.

I just fish for fun. I eat fish occasionally but don't care for them enough to kill em. Minority opinion around here I know, just personal choice. :)

It was pretty big, I didn't weigh or measure it... It's swim bladder was coming out its mouth so I put it back fast as I pulled it out. Swam straight down so hopefully it's there for the next guy!