Help! Need suggestions for good wknd lodge

jdevos

Hello,

I am trying to organize a stag wknd getaway and the groom has mentioned he really would love to go trout fishing. Most of the group will be driving up from Toronto area, so I figure somewhere in the Sudbury / North Bay area would be ideal. That way we are close to civilization if we want to venture out for some nightlife too.

I would really appreciate it if any of you coud share your expertise and suggest a few places. I'm not a regular angler, and live in the UK so my local knowledge is lacking.

Many thanks,

Trout_Rookie

Have you considered hiring a charter boat for an evening fish on Lake Ontario for trout and salmon??

Some of the operators even have Beer taps on board, so you can get primed before heading out for the nightlife in the city.

It will certainly cost less when you factor in the cost of fuel to drive 4 hours away...

Here is the operator based out of Port Credit that I used when I organized a company fishing trip for the guys... http://www.salmonexpress.com/index.htm

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Trout-Rookie: If the dates you are looking at are between Mid June & the end of August tonyb's sugestion is most likely the best bet. Most lodges at this time of year will only book from Sat. to Sat.(a full week).

Best Wishes: Rick

check out West Nipissing there are tons of lodges here and all want your business.

ask me and i'll name at least 10.

some are fancier than others.. choice of 5 or 6 lakes in the area.

fish for whatever ya want ... town is close .

Good Luck !!

Muskieman