2 Weeks of August Bassin. The Report!

MCTFisher9120

Wow, great stuff Mike! Looks like some great camping and killer bass fishery!! Still looking for my honey hole. Have lots of fun and consistent fishing at the small lake where we cottage near Huntsville but no beasts like those! Gives us something to aim for! lol

We caught a bunch of those high 3lb with several in the low to mid 4lb range. It's amazing how big some of them look but in reality your looking at a 3lb 11oz fish when in reality guys say they are 4lbr's blah blah we have seen it and heard it. I weigh the first few to get my bearings straight then don't bother unless I know it's over 4lb's then I'll check and see.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

You are definitely using all high impact lures. Great choices. Good skill

3.5" TexasRig-Jigs..I like flipping jigs but find you have to work to hard to get them through the slop and the slop loves to attach its self to jigs…I throw the plastic, keeps my bait in the water 2x as long and works awesome.

Get a good Swimbait, I'm spoiled so I throw the swinging hammer with the big tail, vs the skinny dipper with the tight wiggle this bait is better for bringing fish out of cover…they can feel it more.

Small poppers, you don't need megabass but the results are always awesome when throwing the high end hard baits, and jerk baits…you could fish a tube all day but I saved it for the cold front conditions…I like rip baits, didn't get a small smallmouth all trip, good 2 1/2+ bite on those with the biggest getting caught on it.

Froggin…you do catch 1lb largies in certain spots but when you frog high potential cover you will always be rewarded…bass eat frogs don't care if it's september or june they are in the cover and munching.

Hope this helps

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Man, what an awesome collection of hawgs! I used to fish for Bass almost exclusively but over the years gradually changed to now fishing for Walleye almost all the time. After reading your report and seeing those pictures I decided I have to start getting after Bass again!

Great read and great pictures to boot!