Fishing New Brunswick!!!!

hey guys hows it goin....

i think i'm gonna be goin to St.George New Brunswick at the end of august and wanted some advice on the fishing there...

i know it has amazing fishing, but i don't know what for... i'm pretty sure both fresh water and salt water excursions are available, but i wanted to know if they had charters where a big boat goes out and takes you fishing, like a party boat, i guess it is, it can hold large groups and they usually do wreck fishing and stuff...

anyways, any information will be appreciated....

thanks a lot

Anthony

Heya, I spent a summer down that way a couple years ago in St. John. Around that time of year , there should be lots and lots of striped bass running the watersheds. I never tried down around St. George, but the St. John river had an incredible run of stripers. I fished right below the reversing falls lookout, I think in 4 outings we caught around 25-30 fish, and saw I think MAYBE 2 others fishing. In the 6 months + I was down that way, I met only a handful of people that fish with rod and reel in the area, most people that fish there use either 100 feet of 1/2 rope with a concrete block, and dozens of hooks held up with a massive float bigger than a beach beach, and leave it all night, or huge commercial boats lol........

Keep in mind , alot of the rivers are tidal, so when fishing when the water is rising , or dropping , there is a TON of current . The St. John goes from being a lazy , slack current river , to 6 foot white water when the tide moves, It's pretty awesome to see. So in this crazy current , and the possibility of 60 lb bass on your line , bring some heavy gear. I had a medium heavy setup and 20lb test , and it was barely enough.

Be sure to go see Black's Harbour, real nice spot. Work sent us on a charter out of there, caught a bunch of different types of fish , saw lots of whales and seals. Make sure to bring some of your own tackle along if the charter was anything like the one we took. I figured charter boat , ok same as here , and theyd have piles of tackle etc...., the guy gave us unpainted leadhead jigs , and put cigarette foil on them lolol..... I'm positive if I'd have had some decent plastic baits/ jigging gear we would have caught a ton, as the crude stuff the guy gave us to use actually worked . We caught mackeral , and various other bottom feeders, one called a scalpin i think it was, looked like a cross between a huge toad , a porcupine , and a dinosaur, ugly dude, hehe

Anyhow , good luck , lemme know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Frost