BC wild salmon

desship

Hello
60 Minutes is running their investigation into salmon farming in British Columbia this Sunday night, May 11, 2014. Please check local listings to find out exactly what time it will air in your region.
It was a great honour to meet Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a remarkable man.

I hope this international spotlight allows Americans to better understand the consequences of the farmed salmon sushi on their plates. The reason companies from Norway are using the BC coast to raise Norwegian salmon is inexpensive access to the American consumer.

Please watch with me on Sunday. You can view the trailer and comment on the CBS website I have provided links on my blog

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/alexandra_morton/

The exact same thing is happening on the east coast with the atlantic salmon. It's pretty sad that this may be the final nail in the coffin for the atlantic salmon, and eventually the pacific as well if open pen farming isn't stopped.

Interesting post. I'll be watching Sunday night. I read a story a few years back about the fish farms in the Maritimes hosted by Dr. David Suzuki. He stated that while he was scuba diving in these ponds he was able to extend the full length of his arm into fish feces. And people consume these fish? UGGG! Also another story about the fish raised in China. They hang wire cages full of live chickens over top of the fish farm ponds. The chicken droppings end in the ponds which the fish consume! You want those fish on your dinner plate?? I rarely buy store bought fish unless it states "wild pacific salmon" or some other statement meaning it's not farm raised for these 2 reasons.