Explored some skinny water.....

Gerritt

Got out for a couple hours this morning... Wanting to fish, but spent more time exploring then fishing... My buddy Paul and I hit up a creek that is popular with hikers etc.. And is rarely fished to be honest, here in Brighton most are retired, it is a sleepy community with a huge elderly base....

We were the only two fishing in the 2 kms we walked with zero sign of any one else having been there...

We saw all kinds of steelies running, however the creek was fast, and the rain was coming down hard. Here are some vids I took (sorry about the quality.... Photobucket compressed them.....)

th_trimD4396A45-9929-4FC3-BED2-AEDD5CB3B

th_trim8CC4171E-36F1-4547-A4BA-9443D4A0A

th_trim264A1F9B-18F4-447D-B816-2F7376D71

th_trim264A1F9B-18F4-447D-B816-2F7376D71

Now before anyone complains.... The spot were are at is not secret... And to be honest if you can find it you should fish it! But I doubt if it was under your nose would have zero clue.. That's the only reason I am posting it here...

Too add anyone know what this animal is? I was thinking coon..... But without the fur I couldn't tell...

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Another ditch to follow tomorrow

G

My dad used to take me to the KOA campsite in Brighton when I was kid.. When I'd get tired of the stocked trout pond he'd take me to the local creek..

The name of the creek escapes me but if it's the same creek it used to have brookies and browns.. That was years ago but the memories are still etched in my mind.. B)

Nice creek though.. Betcha it's got some troots in 'er!