Navionics for a Dummy

wkrp

I just bought an elite 7 with navionics gold. I am unable to get the charts to work on the unit.The map shows but there is no depth contours showing.I had it on demo mode and wondering if thats the problem.

Edited by wkrp

I had a similar problem when I switched from a hummingbird. For me I had to go into the settings (or something like that) and select the area for the maps. I realize that might not be much help but it was 11 months ago,and once I did that I haven't had to do it again.

I had a similar problem when I switched from a hummingbird. For me I had to go into the settings (or something like that) and select the area for the maps. I realize that might not be much help but it was 11 months ago,and once I did that I haven't had to do it again.

This is what you have to do on the elite 5 models so I would imagine it would be the same. It shouldn't matter if you are in simulation mode or not as any changes I make on my 5 in simulation mode are reflected in real time.

To make the change, open the menus and select the charts area. There will be a drop down with a few different options for you to select.

Adam