What is the best type of seat base and pedestal?

glen

What is the best type of seat base and pedestal?? I want to put one on the front deck that wont fall out when going fast and hitting waves. But i want to be able to remove it and use it high or low.

Thanks for any help.

For sitting low/high I have the Swivl-Eze Wedge Power Pedestal that will also give you a air cushion ride. They seem a bit pricey but after upgrading to these from the manual ones that came with the boat I wished I had done it years ago. They lock into place but are easily removed by depressing the locking latch with your foot while lifting up. Here's Cabela's site on them.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&id=0001725

I would like one that has a removable post so the seat will go right on the floor.

I am worried that the ones that just slip together with no thread or lock with come out when i hit a wave.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

THEN you definitely want the Swivl-Eze Wedge Power Pedestal as I posted above. I fish Lake Erie a LOT and they can't come out but yet the post is removable very easily. But I will say my older seat pedestals just sat into the bases without locking and they never came out of there bases either. Your worrying about nothing. However, I still endorse the Swivl-Eze Wedge Power Pedestals over the manual ones. You will not regret getting them.