Anybody here collect old maps/surveys

spincast

My Father in law saved pretty well everything. Included in the many things we found was a mineral deposits map dated 1968 by Algoma Steel Ore division, and a print of a hand drawn survey of a portion of Wawa. The title of the survey is "Sketch showing claims staked Aug 18, 19 and 20. 1937." Signed and dated by the surveyor: Name MacQuarrie., Aug 22 /37

If anyone is interested, pm me

If a licensed Ontario or Dominion Land Surveyor prepared and signed that plan, the mining claims are probably "patented claims". The original plan will still be on file with the archives of the MNR and the Surveyor General of Ontario and still available to OLS's today if they need them. I had occasion to use such a plan in the mid 1970's to locate one of the original corners of a four patent mining claim group on Horwood Lake for a friend of mine. I found the original claim post and gave my friend a sworn affidavit at to what I found and where it was. I am a survey technician by training from college. His son still owns the property. There was mineralization in the area but the bulk of it was under the lake and there wasn't enough to make it commercially viable.