fall chrome!

walleye_man

got out this past weekend for the first time of the fall season to chase fresh chromers coming straight out of lake Ontario. Left on Friday night and arrived late that night to our home of the weekend... the lotus motel, that became our home base for the weekend s as we got into a since it was in the middle of the many possible tribs around that could hold fish. we awoke early Saturday am all asking ourselves what we were doing up so early. hit the road and was on our first spot at first light anxiously making our first drifts of the season.. after about a hour of nothing and seeing no one elce hooking up we decided it was time to move on to our next spot.....well this happened a few times until we finally stumbled upon trib x late in the day that we found a bunch of fresh fish that were hungry and willing to put a bend in our rods. I got my last two drifts of the day were something special since I hooked up and successfully landed both fish. one being my personal best buck it was dark so the pics sucked but theyre better then no pics at all.

this was my biggest buck yet and really gave me the boots. threatening to put me into the trees multiple times I was able to put just enough bend in my 12.6 rod to get him to stay clear and come to the bank

IMG_0827_zps95b273d8.jpg

release shot of the big boy!

IMG_0828_zps46479293.jpg

next drift in the exact same spot twitch twitch of my fly and CURPLUNK goes my float.... IM IN HEAVEN

next comes a totally decent hen.

again pics sucks from landing her in the almost pitch dark

IMG_0829_zpse2eebf8d.jpg

Im on top of the world and we call it a day then crash to be up at 430 to be on the tribs for first light again.

obviously we headed back to trib x again after the couple fish I landed as well as the couple my buddies nabbed... the fist were still there and SNARLY

I went 2 for 5 that day both smaller bucks but a ton of fun!

IMG_0831_zps196db3cb.jpg

IMG_0832_zps32488017.jpg

cant wait to get back out there may make the trip back in the next couple weeks.

tight lines [ :)]