gill nets in kingston

I spotted a few gill nets in the kingston area! Also a few large fish traps full of bullheads, perch, walleye, and even a few pike! The gill nets were full of dead slim covered fish rangeing from bullheads, perch,walleye's ,pikes... :angry: basicly anything that swims:evil: Ive been keeping an eye on the nets for a little while now and they have been there for going on 2weeks now :angry: Dosen't look like the owners of the nets really care about harvesting the fish at all and the worst part is that they are like 50-100 feet from shore One of them completly blocking off the mouth of a creek and was so full of dead rotting fish I could barely lift one corner :angry: Needless to say the fishing sucked not even a nibble nadda ... The fish traps are big and I mean big! The hoops were atleast 5 feet in diameter and about 20-30 feet long! I don't have a problem with a few fish being speared to feed there families, but when I see thousands of fish being killed for nothing and being left to rot ...it makes me angry very angry The MNR wants to pretend that they know nothing about it even after several people have phoned in about issue! Since complants fall on deaf ears what is one to do????

That's just not right...

Gill nets need to be tended to on an almost hourly basis. The trap nets are usually set and left for a night but that's about it. After too long the Pike will end up eating everything caught in the trap net :lol:

Let us know how it goes with the MNR, sounds like media attention will light a fire under the arses of the MNR out that way ;)

Tony