Kakakise Lake in Killarney Provincial Park

onthemountain

Hey Guys!

I didn't see anything in the archives about Kakakise Lake so I thought I'd share a mini trip report. I read on the Killarney Outfitters website that the lake contains pike and smallmouth bass, so I tried targetting both but only had luck with the bass. I was there in late September.

I stayed at site #7 on Kakakise and had a lot of success with bass around the eastern point of the big island (see the yellow circle on the map below). There were a lot of submerged trees and fallen rocks, and a fair amount of weeds, which seemed to mean great conditions for bass. They really loved the watermelon & white senkos.

3xer.jpg

I kept 1 panfish to cook on the campfire:

koql.jpg

I had no success whatsoever with pike. I tried a HJ12 Husky Jerk in Tennessee Shad color, a red and white Eppinger Dardevle, and a white Mepps musky killer- not a single bite.

If anybody has had success with pike at Killarney I'd be interested to know what lake you were on and what lures worked. Next time I think I might head up to Three Narrows and try again for pike and perhaps lake trout.

Hope this was useful to somebody. Cheers! :Gonefishing:

• 9 months later...

Thread revival! I was thinking of getting in there next week I know there a portage of about 45 metres from George lake to Freeland, but from the map I can't tell what it's like to get from Freeland to Kakakise. It looks like it's just a paddle up a weedy river, without portages. Am I correct, or will we be in for some plodding?