Kanipahow Resort - Embarass lake putpost

gordy28

Hey there

Trying to mail down our 2014 trip - ideally by the beginning of September

Definitely looking at a few fly in american plan lodges (Granite Hill Lodge, KayVee Lodge, Loch island Lodge and Brace Lake Outfitters) - but also looking at an outpost for beginners like the Embarass Lake drive to outpost at Kanipahow Resorts

I have seen quite a few people reference the lake as an option - generally favourably - but I have never come across an actual report

Any info appreciated

Gordy

Gordy I know at least one OFC member fished it last year, I suggested this as an option and I'm positive they went there. For the life of me I can't remember who it was (apologies to the member in question). Hopefully he'll chime in.

PM sent btw.

Thanks Mike. Got ur pm and a reply sent.

Fishlogic. - thanks we have actually been to Lady E twice - once to Ellen Island and once to Island 10. We actually chatted about going back when we got together last night week but the consensus was to keep trying new places.

Debate is around a fly in American plan lodge or a drive to outpost (but remote like embarrass. We have never flown nor have we been toast really remote outpost or something rustic.

Cheers

Gordy

Another place to consider would be Leuenberger's Kag Lake Lodge. Always wanted to go there and have only heard great things about the fishing on Kag.

Couple others that I have book marked:

Green Wilderness Lodge in Gogama has two boat-in outposts

Five mile Lake lodge in Chapleau has an ATV-in outpost.

Air Ivanhoe in Foleyet has three boat-in outposts.

O'Sullivan Lake Outfitters has some boat-in and drive-in outposts.

Out of curiosity, why the AP lodge? I've done several of them and although really convenient I found bringing in your own food/cooking isn't really that big of a deal. For me, I love a good fish fry, BBQ steak and burgers. AP lodges never gave that to me. Always a lot of decent home cooked food though. I have to admit, having a packed lunch and coffee ready to go for you every morning is hard to beat.

Edited by FishLogic

Thanks for the reply FL - have definitely look at Wenebegon and will check our Air Foloyet

For the why AP lodge - primarily comfort/focus on fishing. Our first trip at Lady E was housekeeping through Ellen Island - well we left Toronto in shorts but on our first day on the water it snowed! We just found that trying to cook a breakfast, brew your own coffee, clean up, pack a lunch, come back for dinner etc etc got in the way of fishing (especially when we were bone tired and worn out from fishing in freezing cold conditions and rain)

Next year we did Island 10 - and the enjoyment and relaxation factor went way up so AP has been the groups preference

I think we could get by with a basic breakfast and sandwiches/shore lunch - but have dinner taken care of - so modified American Plan at Kag Lake or Loch Island sounds like a good option.

Think we are also re thinking a fly in outpost - albeit I think we are tied to a deluxe one (electricity, indoor toiliet, ideally a little bit of room) - checking Hearst Air and some other lodges now based on recent posts

Cheers

Gordy

I've been to Kag with Leuenberger's and enjoyed it immensely. Big lake, tons of structure, and good fishing.

I went with my wife and we went with the modified American plan. We took care of breakfast and lunch and had dinner in the lodge. It was really nice.