Looking for accomodations

Hey all!! Myself and the ms. are driving out to Winnipeg at the end of the month and are looking for some clean accomodations that aren't gojng to break us. We are operating on a tight budget and with the ms being 7 months pregnant camping isn't an option. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I've yet to do this drive thru nw ontario and am not familiar with the route. We will be leaving the gta, taking 400 north to 17. Also if anyone knows of decent fishing from shore en route that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Depends on where you plan on spending the night. Wawa is about halfway and there are a couple of places there. If you can push to Thunder Bay, there are lots of options. Tbay will leave you with about 8-9 hours to the 'peg. All depends on how the mrs feels. The 'larger' towns have better options. Have a good trip.

Hey Dan I worked in Terrace Bay back in the mid 90s. Does the Boone family still own the motel? Nice people! Lottsa good fishing in the area. Shoot me a PM I'll fill ya in!

An Italian family owns the motel now WD. Their name escapes me right now. Fantastic Italian food in the restaurant. All you can eat pasta on Tuesday nights. As far as fishing in the area, I have a few great contacts there. Ever meet Joe Kostecki? He's a master jig fly tier from there and a fellow Brook Trout fanatic. He's offered to take me out several times, but after working 10 hour days in 100f heat, I just don't have it in me to go fishing after work. I bought a pile of his jigs from him a while ago and will do a product review of them when I get the chance to use them. Probably late August. Terrace Bay is not such a bad place. I like it there.