Looking for fishing resort for solo trip

Hud

hey everyone. Been off OFC during the playoffs but now its time to come out of my basement, BTW..... GO HAWKS!! :D another happy day. anyway...lol

my normal fishing trip is cancelled this year as no one else can go. I was looking for a drive or fly in on the eastern end of ontario. The only real catch is that I'm going alone so safety becomes a concern. I've done the search and there are some great lodges taht everyone has been to but I don't see much in the way of accomidations for one. Any suggestions (besides make more friends lol)?

A solo trip could get very pricey, but try this-

If you've got some fly-in outfitters in mind, give them a call/ Email, and tell them your situation. Often, they've got an Otter flying in with 6 guys, you can grab a flight with them and get dropped off at a nearby outpost, or they have a week open in between 2 groups, they're flying in anyways, it would be a couple $$$ inn their pocket

Safety wise, it might be a good idea to have the ability to communicate with the outside world (sat. phone, sat. messenger)

if you've got a boat, crown land camping/ tenting can reduce the cost to basically nothing

I've done solo canoe trips before, the best part about it is

1) you're the boss, no need to consult anyone, you do what you want, 24/7

2) the therapeutic solitude

Edited by chris.brock