Dobyns rods - who uses them?

Ainsley

I got my first dobyns rod last season and have been trying to swap out my existing rods to them since. Started with a dx744c which I use for spinner baits, jigs and soft swimbaits. Up next was a dx743c, an amazing rod for senkos and other plastics.

Near the end of the season I picked up a champion 702c and 765c for dropshot/finesse and flipping/pitching respectively. Haven't had a chance to use them yet.

Next up is a champion 765cb glass to replace my similar Powell for deep cranks and a 704cb graphite for jerkbaits, topwaters, and shallow cranks.

What does everyone else use and what do they think of them?

Have handled a 733 Champ, 684 Champ, 766Flip Champ, & 795DX.

733 was a beaut for pitching and skipping - until I broke it. Others claim it as a spinnerbait /senko rod

684 does my jerkbait and topwater duties

766 was extremely stiff, and I don't think I've come across situations where I needed that much power yet.

795 of course the flipping.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch a savvy (I think plenty of rods are better at $150), champions are pretty good, but once you've had a DX, that's all you'll want.

The savvys aren't the greatest. The only one i own is the 735 for frogs. Other than that my rod collection are split between Dobyns and G loomis. Currently have a Savvy 735, Champ 734 735, Glass 704 705 765, Dx 744 745 795. Too many!