remote controlled elec trolling motor question.

cisco

Bought a few LED mini lights and was thinking of installing em on the cover to tell when the motor is on. Be 'in parrallel' but wonder if when the motor is drawing full amps if they would burn out? Thank you for any help from those electrically inclined.

Edited by cisco

would not!!!

the circuit boards and control modules are very closely matched any interference in the system cant be good in my opinion

the main 12 volt wires go all the way to motor anyway and can be nightmare to get at

the head of electric is just a long range switch which tells puc in motor to let power through

Forgot to say it's a Motorguide remote control TM. Under the cover is where the 2 power wires go down into the shaft to get to the motor. Nothing else under there. Control box is before the cover in the bow mount assembly. I actuall just now hooked up one of the LEDs to the two power wires and it got brighter but didn't blow when I turned the motor to high and even when I was restricting the prop slowing it to get lotsa load on the system. I'll hook the lights in parallel and this'll help reduce high amps per light. Thank you for your input.