Sultan Rd to Foleyet and Chapleau

can u fish

Weil was planning on fishing Anjigaming Lake in Chapleau but do to a scheduling conflict we had to change lakes so now we will be fishing Abbey Lake Flying in on Sept 6th to 13th with Parks fly in fishing and will also be fishing in Foleyet the first week of june on 3 different lakes that we allways fish while up at moose camp in October since i live just north of Parry Sound our route is Hwy 69 N to the 144 to the 101 to foleyet and Chapleau thinking of taking the Sultan Rd this year is this road regularly maintained during the year and how much time would i be saving on the drive to Foleyet then Chapleau

my biggest concern is if we break down would CAA road side assistance make a service call to that area as i am assuming this is still being used as a logging road so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mitch......

I will be fishing Harold lake then portage into Cardie lake and also fish a small lake called Sandy off of Oates Rd.I have fished many lakes in the foleyet area as i have done many fly in trips with Air Ivanhoe.

Cheers Mitch...

What lakes are you fishing in foleyet? Sorry I can't help you with the road situation. I'm from Timmins so I just take Highway 101 when I go to the foleyet area

I take the Sultan Rd pretty much anytime I head up that way. You'll save around 80kms by taking that instead of taking the 17 over to the 129 and going up that way. As far as CAA? Good luck getting a cell signal anywhere near there..

Took Sultan once a few years back. As far as gravel/logging roads go, it wasn't that bad but I think it had just been graded (this was early July). I seem to recall the rocks getting larger the further I went though, lol.

Would I take it again just to save 30-45 minutes? No. I hate gravel roads and so does my car. I really question how much time it actually saves anyway.

Also, are you asking about taking Sultan from Chapleau TO Foleyet??? I am confused by what you are actually asking. If so, I don't think you'll save any time. It would actually take longer.

I would be taking the Sultan off of Hwy 144 to Foleyet in june and then to Chapleau in September for a fly in.

Cheers Mitch....

Took Sultan once a few years back. As far as gravel/logging roads go, it wasn't that bad but I think it had just been graded (this was early July). I seem to recall the rocks getting larger the further I went though, lol.

Would I take it again just to save 30-45 minutes? No. I hate gravel roads and so does my car. I really question how much time it actually saves anyway.

Also, are you asking about taking Sultan from Chapleau TO Foleyet??? I am confused by what you are actually asking. If so, I don't think you'll save any time. It would actually take longer.

This .....when I last took the sultan it was extremely hard on the gear/boat/trailer. Maybe if I wasn't trailering.