Terminator Pro Series Titanium Leader Wire

solopaddler

I am pretty much in agreement with you on that. My intent was to use the 20# fluoro for sluggos and flukes, where I wouldn't be losing a $10 lure if I got bit off. However, I would hate to injure a fish, or lose a big one in the process too. That is why I think I will try the Terminator leader since it is tieable, and I do not want to use a snap when sluggo/fluke fishing.

Where I am really wondering what to use is when I tie on a Flicker Shad, Hot n Tot, Husky Jerk, etc. for walleyes. What do you use for those situations?

If I were in your shoes, I'd be using completely different combos for walleye. Two rods for pike and two for eyes.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be using completely different combos for walleye. Two rods for pike and two for eyes.

I never said I would be using the same rod for walleye that I do for pike. I actually will be bringing 3 pike combos and 2 walleye combos. I am just worried of losing a pike and/or injuring it when I cast/troll a lure like a Hot n Tot or Husky Jerk when targeting walleyes. But, I am worried about impeding the action of those lures by using too stiff of a leader.

Mike - I was at Bass Pro today, and although the one by me does not carry the Terminator leader in store, they did have the Tuf Leader that I checked out. At first glance, the 50# looked pretty thick to me, but upon touching it I did like that it seemed it would tie very easily. What I did not like was that it creased/kinked up very easily like a steel leader would. Next to the Tuf Leader was something I have seen before, but never bothered to check out, called Tyger leader. With the naked eye, it looked at least 3x thinner in diameter than the Tuf Leader, and it also did not kink as much. The nice thing about the Tuf Leader is how cheap it was, at only about $5 for 5 yards. The Tyger leader was $10 for 5 yards I believe. Just thought I would share.

Edited by rocko0305

was something I have seen before, but never bothered to check out, called Tyger leader. With the naked eye, it looked at least 3x thinner in diameter than the Tuf Leader, and it also did not kink as much. The nice thing about the Tuf Leader is how cheap it was, at only about $5 for 5 yards. The Tyger leader was $10 for 5 yards I believe. Just thought I would share.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Interestingly enough, I have used the titanium material for Fly leaders for Chinooks...except only Steelhead will hit flies on the wire...I can't explain it lol :D

It has a nice a bit of elasticity to it as well, which is a nice feature if using no-stretch mainline.

My $.02

Tony