Manitoba Fishing Derby...

manitoubass2

I'm fishing Falcon Lake derby this saturday, and it's a biggest fish wins all. I looked through all the previous winners and they are all pike.

So I'm planning on fishing a feeder creek next to a shallow bay. It's barbless hooks with no live bait, as per the regs.

I would like to use 6-8" frozen ciscos, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I'm going to rig these ciscos???

Also, on the Manitoba site, I cannot find whether or not a treble hook is considered one hook like here in Ontario???

Any ideas, links etc a greatly appreciated!

And good fishing to all of you going out this day and this weekend!!!!

The Quick Strike Rig would be my choice for rigging, but not sure how it would do with barbless hooks...

http://outdoorcanada.ca/17016/blogs/on-the-water-online/trophy-pike-quick-strike-rigs-and-so-much-more

Good luck in the tournament!

yeah, and its only one hook, so quickstrike rigs are outta the question.

I got some great advice from another board member though! Our gameplan is set, rods are ready and the flasher is charged! Only thing left do do is pack up and fish hard!!!

Quick strikes with 2 trebles are certainly legal in MB. I was weighing the fish for the event....a 12lb northern won 10K yesterday....quite a turnout. I helped drill the holes all 3760 of them Friday then had to reopen them Saturday am....who needs the gym. This is a great event with a lot of fish caught each year. The $50K "hidden weight" prize was missed by a few ounces.

Quick strikes with 2 trebles are certainly legal in MB. I was weighing the fish for the event....a 12lb northern won 10K yesterday....quite a turnout. I helped drill the holes all 3760 of them Friday then had to reopen them Saturday am....who needs the gym. This is a great event with a lot of fish caught each year. The $50K "hidden weight" prize was missed by a few ounces.

yeah I tried to stop over to say hello but I was way too busy lol. I was only about 50 yards over from ya.

It was a great event for sure!!! The turnout was incredible. Turns out our biggest mistake was having no smelts. Seems like most of the good fish seemed to come on smelts.

I was pretty amped that a kid won the early bird $1000 prize! I was happy to see it go to a youngen!

Again great job on the event, that was alot of fun, but boy was that wind tough to face!