Ottawa River Back Bay Ice fishing

Seaweed

Ice conditions amazing on or near the Ottawa river on the Quebec side.
I hit Baie Clement and Baie de la Pentecoste near Papineauville on Sunday.
Both spots were easily two feet thick.
Lots of trucks and cars on the virtual ice citys out there.
5$ access at Baie Clement good plowed access overall shallow water $8 dozen minnows... be sure to ask for small if you are looking for anything but Pike. I did not see any other spots selling minnows past this spot going East from Gatineau although the Action Sport spot in Buckingham at the split where you turn for the Cumberland ferry might have some.
Pentecoste Baie between Plaisance and Papineauville is a sight to behold. Lots of huts with access in three spots along Hwy. 148. Free access to fair ice road out with branches of roads heading in all directions at the end of Henri Bourassa. This spot offers up at least a two mile long well fished deep channel with a lot of tapered points for a variety of fishing. I elected to work a tapered point near the launch and worked my way out deeper looking for quick drop off hoping to find some afternoon fish but I quickly relised that the majority of shacks were sitting just off of this spot so I did not push right to the edge of them out of respect but that is the depth I will start next time out. Despite the fact that the fishing was slow and I saw only one medium sized pike hit the ice with the amount of shacks and people out this place must produce fish. I am thinking with the Full Moon on Saturday night the fish pigged out and were just taking Sunday off. Not many fish caught but a great day out there. I will return to Pentecoste Bay for sure but this time with my snowmachine and clam in tow.