TO Pike yesterday

Jigger

Took the boat down to T.O. yesterday and hooked up with a few board members to see what all the fuss was about. I made plans with Lucid to hit one of the honey holes on the lakeshore. All was going good for me until I got toward the 401 on the DVP and as I saw brake lights ahead, the radio announcer was polite enough to tell me that the DVP would be closed until Monday :wallbash: . Think driving down there is bad enough, try doing it with a boat on the back! Anyhoo after TWO HRS!!! I finally launch the boatand head to the meeting place.

As I round the bend and see some float tubers and one of them has got some splashing going on in the front! This must be the place :thumbsup_anim: ! That tuber was RSX, nice to meet you and your gf, pulling in a nice little snake. Lucid and Hillrat jumped in the boat and we fished for a half hour-or so and pulled up to get their tubes out of the water. Hillrat decided to join his buddy for some wading and HighDrifter hopped on board for what was shaping up to be a beeautiful day. Not long after we re-launched, Lucid gets into one after he spotted it up high on a sand flat. After that first one, it seems like everything happened real quick and we weren't even keeping count. I think the end result was 7-8 fish with a few lost at boatside and countless follows. Most of the fish were caught by cruising the ledge and casting to shadows ahead of us. It was real cool to watch a log all of a sudden come to life and start chasing your lure! The most memorable one had a fish chase down Lucids HuskyJerk, miss it the first time and then watch the fish give another burst and overtake the bait with a big flare of the gills what a sight! Very cool to fish that way.

Thanks to the TO Pike crew for showing me your spot, you're all welcome on my boat anytime especially you, Fidel lol. We'll even let you catch some next time :whistling: . J/K, it was great meeting you man. Thanks again Lucid. After I dropped you guys off, I got into two more on the way out on the same line, those fish couldn't get enough of that pattern.

Team 8, I'm embarassed to say I left my paper at home and will NOT be making a submission :( and accept any punishment you deem fit.

Sorry about lack of pics, HighDrifter has some on his camera, hopefully he'll put them up.