Ogascanan lake Quebec

mattybculp

Hello all, Every year I am resposible for planning our annual boys fishing trip. A couple guys have mentioned lake ogascanan in Quebec (northeast of northbay) i was just wondering if anyone has ever been there and could shed some information on the lodge apparently its a 2.5 hour drive down a back road to get to the lodge. species are walleye, pike and lake trout. Thanks so much for any info.

I fished Ogascanan in late Sep 2000 for 4 days. Brad and Ginny are great hosts. Cabins were satisfactory and the lake has lots of structure. Bathymetric maps are avaiable for the lake. Its a beautiful spot to pass some time. Unfortunately, we didn't do very well because of very bad weather (cold, rain and 3 to 4 foot swells throughout the 4 days). The 2 hour drive into the lodge with our SUVs wasn't a problem in 2000. However, I fished Kiwissi in late Sep this year (traveled the same road) and the road was a slow drive even with SUVs. Recent trip reports from guys going to Ogascanan can be reviewed at http://www.kipawa.net/ Just do a search on Ogascanan