Crappie still biting?

mrdylan

We open our trailer this afternoon and I am pretty excited. We have not been out fishing since last season and I am just wondering if Crappie are still biting since we can really only fish for Panfish up there right now. Not seen any recent reports in the last week or so just thought I would ask.

Thanks.

I don't know where you're trailer is, but things have certainly heated up on Buckhorn since the weekend.

We were out last night and the water temp is up to 60F from 53 on the weekend. Water levels are also back up to normal levels.

A few more fish to be found as well, we managed 5 keeper crappie and a big perch plus threw at least 20 crappie back along with the usual assortment of sunfish. We were only out for about 1 1/2 hours.

The weekend should be dynamite...

Thanks for the replies.

We are inbetween Rice Lake and Hastings on the trent. I will be fishing from shore this weekend though but everyone says they come in so with any luck at all.

Hopin to catch dinner for tomorrow.

If you are fishing from shore, try fishing after dark :) In day time, crappies are a bit off shore for shore fishing (but if you want some sunfish/perch, they are there during day time). But if there's weedbed close to shore, you might be able to get some crappies as well. Pink/white or red/white 1.5 inches tube will work well :)

Edited by Steelcat

The Crappie are starting to show up in the shallows but not in great numbers or schools yet. This could change quite quickly with the great weather the last few days and that forecasted for the next couple. Good luck. :Gonefishing:

Well we went out for a good few hours yesterday. No crappie but my wife and son caught a whack of pumpkinseeds and perch little guy caught at least 5 or 6 perch today. I caught nothing at all haha mind you I ended up putting the worms on for him and untangling his line more than fishing though.

Was nice to get out but a bit chilly on the docks and man were the black flies out this weekend.