Port Severn Walleye / Pike

jdmls

Hey guys, considering the locks at port severn opened this week, I was thinking of going up for some possible walleye and pike action. I have fished it in the summer for smallies and the occasional pike, but I was wondering if walleye and or pike come up to the locks to spawn this time of year.

Has anybody fished it this time of year ? any info appreciated ? THANKS

I dunno. To me it looks like its in the right section. Guess I am gonna have to call the ministry tomorrow to find out for sure. Hey AZULUSPOOKED What's this about from under the bridge ( i assume the 400) to the locks is a sanctuary ???

port_severn.JPG

I guess three lads that have fished Gbay, out of the sound area, for over 20 years could very well be wrong...but better cautious than fined! I think the 69/400 bridge is to div 16/4 kinda like the railroad tracks are to Lake O and it's tribs. The locks would make more sense,,,but.....

Edited by irishfield

Call the Midhurst office and find out for sure. Could be urban myth... 705-725-7614

It is the perfect spawning ground in there though...moving water and shallow...so MNR may have taken that into consideration when drawing the line years ago.

Edited by irishfield

Guest gbfisher
I dunno. To me it looks like its in the right section. Guess I am gonna have to call the ministry tomorrow to find out for sure. Hey AZULUSPOOKED What's this about from under the bridge ( i assume the 400) to the locks is a sanctuary ???

post-1414-1178244555_thumb.jpg

Yes........... Try the Phone!

:Gonefishing:

HEY MARTY!!...How's them bevies goin down!!?? :whistling::clapping:

Edited by gbfisher