Algonquin fishing

Alex416

So... I went to algonquin this past summer and brought my fishing gear. Of course, the beginner I am, I didnt do my research on the fish species that live out there. Usually I fish for bass and pike so I went out there with a bass and pike mentality(I've been fishing for 2 years.) All I caught out there was perch and catfish. From what I've read there isnt that many bass in the lakes that I go to in algonquin. Most of the fish species are lake, brook/speckled trout, muskie and walleye. What I have is topwater and shallow runners, texas rigged grubs, wacky rigged senkos, spoons, spinnerbaits and a buzzbait(may sound like a lot, but its not.) Never really got into inline spinners such as mepps. I've been looking into the different mepps lures and some of them look like they would work quite well. Anyone have any suggestions what kind of lures I should be looking for when fishing in Algonquin lakes, and other bodies water, that mostly have trout and walleye?

P.S. I am familiar with water conditions being a huge factor in lure selection.

Intro.... Sure

Born bred city boy but I love the outdoors. Love getting out there and just doing things with a little as possible. I've done all kinds of camping over the years though Scouts and in the past few years have been going on Algonquin portages. Grandfather introduced me to fishing when I was 5, he when I was 11 and I had no fishing mentor. One of my friends got me into fishing 2 years ago and now I cant stop.

For trout I use inline spinners like mepps, panther Martin, and blue fox or spoons like Those from Cleo, Williams, or my fav: EGB.

DEpending on the time of year you can straight cast and retrieve or troll them either by themselves or on a 3-way rig with the appropriate weight.