Last Chance Saloon

Bassassins

2u57rlj.jpg

Saturday afternoon, a normal day at work for the two Robs, both knowing we were stuck indoors all weekend.

Around lunch time we got word from our personal hero, Andrew Bunker also known as MooseBunk, asking if we wanted seats on The Bomber for Sunday.

This vessel has its name for a reason, it produces unusually large amounts of big, quality fish constantly! However its true when they say a boat is only as good as its captain.

All over sudden we got our selves a bit of a stand off

Needless to say we were frantically trying to get out of work tomorrow, ASAP! A few hectic phone calls and desperate deals later Sunday here we come.

Bunks last words to Smooth Saturday night were;

You tell that Rob, the wizard has it all waiting in Oz, just follow the golden pickerel road.

5.45 AM on a brisk November morning, near Carlton Place, we all meet up. After quick introductions *MooseBunk is shorter then I expected* we get into Bunks truck and on the road to the Bay of Quinte.

Time flies by when you are in good company, in fact the whole day seemed to be over way to fast. Launching at 8 am, first rod takes no time at all to fire, but quickly we realized my first fish would have to wait missed it! Probably a good fish too....

For the full report and pictures please check out the link below - Day ended with 1 old grump, a sexy 12 pounder for Rob and a last minute 9 pounder for Smooth..... CAN'T WAIT FOR ICE!!!

http://thebassassins.com/?p=568

Edited by Bassassins

Geez doods!!!

5'11" and 200lbs. But yeah, people equate "moose" differently with the name than I do.

Great having you two on board The Bomber for a day. For those at this site not in the know, Rob and Rob (Bassassins) are two infectiously fun and eager anglers, and recent friends whom after meeting this past year, have been out successfully enjoying new waters in Eastern Ontario together. Some great catches and even better and entertaining videos, it's hard not to appreciate the genuine kinship I think these two share, along with the excitement the have when hooking fish.