Cook's Bay

Bcrdi911

Hey all, just passing on my experience from yesterday. I went out to Keswick and launched at Harry's around 7:30am. There was a film of ice on the channel but didn't look too bad. Launched the boat and got all ready to go. I just have a 12ft tin cup with 9.9 on the back so there's not but weight to it. The ice was a little thicker then it looked and took some rocking the boat at first to get it broken. I managed to get the boat moving and started towards the bay. Once I got out closer to the bay the ice started to get thicker. In one section I would say it was about 1/2 inch thick!! Anyways, I made it out there with no problems and headed to Kon Tiki. I tried everywhere and every depth and not even a bite. I headed back towards the marina around 1:30pm and decided to try in around the docks. Well that's where the perch were holding. Caught some really nice ones in there and there were some people fishing off the docks having success as well. The weather was beautiful and the lake was like glass. Not a ripple in sight. All in all it was a great day. So if you are headed out there anytime soon, just be ready to be greated by some ice as it's really starting to form!! Good luck!